The Infrastructure and Technical Services Department aspires to be a value-adding
Department in providing basic service delivery infrastructure such as (roads and community
facilities), Project Management services and Electrical Services.
Our modus operandi are driven by excellence, pre-eminence in service delivery and the
establishment and maintenance of efficient, effective management systems and processes that
provide a caring and responsive service to meet internal and external needs in a pragmatic and
As a directorate we pledge ourselves to:
• Provide basic services through infrastructural development and create employment
opportunities for all infrastructure development.
• Embrace our responsibility as a public institution to support and contribute to national and
regional development, and the welfare and upliftment of the wider community, through the
provision of high quality and sound administration.
• Manage and run our institution in conscious awareness of the environment, and foster a
culture of responsible, ethical and just administrative action.
• Conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards, and provide administrative
practices and models that promotes sound ethical practice.
• Ensure effective governance through broad and inclusive participation, democratic
representation, accountability, and transparency that serves as an example that contributes
to building the democratic ethos of our country.
• Ensure management of existing asset infrastructure through maintenance programme.
• Promote and uphold the good image of the municipality and create a fertile ground for the
municipality to deliver sound administration.
• Actively encourage and respect the right of all stakeholders, staff and students to engage in
critical inquiry, independent research, intellectual discourse and public debate in a spirit of
responsibility and accountability, in accordance with the principles and values of public
administration and institutional autonomy.
In terms of an approved organogram, the Infrastructure and Technical Services department has
three units, namely: Project Management, Planning & Development and Building Control.